Monday, April 28, 2008

First I said "bye", then I said "bye". bye bye.

Victizzle fun fact #87: I love traveling. I loooooove it!! Ever since I was a little kid I've loved going places. We traveled via Greyhound a lot and while spending twenty four hours on a packed bus next to strange strangers may sound daunting to some, to me it sounded like fun fun fun. So while I have only been as far east as Dauphin Manitoba and as far south as Seattle and with the exception of Hawaii, I haven't gone very far. My ultimate dream is Europe. One day people one day. However I have just agreed to do something that will take me to a whole other country that isn't Canada................I'm going to Guadalajara!!!!!!!!!! Yep, I'm adding another stamp to my passport ( okay okay it'll be my first one) anyway moving on... I have agreed to go on a missions trip with Sonlight Church. We leave on June 20th and return June 30th. And I gotta say, I AM STOKED!!! not just because I get to go somewhere but because doing a missions trip has been on my heart for a really long time and I want to help make a difference and it finally feels right and things have come together very nicely in order for me to go. So to all two of you reading this, please keep me in your prayers not just when I'm there but as I prepare to go. I know that this will be an amazing time for me to learn and grow, I also know that it will be very challenging but when it's over I hope to emerge a different person. So yeah, if you could keep me in your prayers that would be great!

2 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Vicki! That's GREAT! I am SO excited for you! Sonlight missions has a special place in my heart b/c that is where I fell for Lance, and he for me :)

And, talk about spiritual growth. You'll be challenged and come home changed.

Becca M. said...

Hoo-rah! Dust went on a Sonlight Mission trip... I think he went to Tijuana though. Not sure.

How exciting, next week's the first meeting, riiiiiight??? :)