Monday, April 7, 2008

Hey! I'm walkin' here!!

So I drove to school today, something I don't usually do. Taking the bus saves on gas and it gives me 22.8-25.3 minutes to read/do homework/gaze mindlessly out of the window. Anyway so I drove today because I wanted an extra 15 minutes to sleep. So I get to Whatcom, go into the first parking lot, circle around five times, accept the fact that all the spaces are taken up by the people who forfeited their extra 15 minutes and so I hang my head and go to the other parking lot on the other side of campus. I park, get out and walk back to the other side of campus where my class is. So I get to the point where I have to cross the road, the same point that three other students have been hit by cars this year. I stop, look both ways, there's a car coming but it's a ways away so I begin my trek across the road as I’m almost half way across, I look again at the car coming towards me and I realize it’s going way faster than the “recommended” 15mph limit. Crap. It’s getting closer and it’s not stopping. So I stop, then the “sweet” little ol’ lady who can barely see over the wheel jams on her brakes. We stare at each other for .03 seconds and simultaneously we both start moving again and upon the realization that we both are going we stop. I’m really annoyed by now, my heart is racing, I don’t want this to be the place that I die. So I make a gesture telling her that she can go. So she did. And then I continued on my way, yelling at her in my mind. Grr.

1 comment:

Becca M. said...

Ooooo, the stare-down. I usually win those because I don't turn away and deadlock em in.

I just heard someone say "libary" on the radio. It made me smile.