Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I should get an award for this.

It’s finals week yet again, I go through this process usually three wonderfully fantastical times a year. This quarter had been a bit strange, I didn’t “officially” get into any of my classes until two weeks into the quarter and then I proceeded to take off for a week in the middle of it to bask in the amazing sun in Hawaii. It's soooooooo much better than our sun. (And I don’t even feel one teeny tiny ounce of regret or remorse.) Anyway all said and done I have missed a quarter of the quarter. Hmm. However I have pulled through, I’ve faked my way through exams and papers about stuff I didn’t have a clue about and only once was it suggested that I should consider dropping the course and taking it again next quarter. As if!!! Now my one final magic trick is………..getting through finals while feeling like crap. I’m sick……again….two weeks ago I was sick then I got better. Then Daph came home from Disneyland carrying some infectious virus that has ripped its way through our household knocking myself and my mother off our feet ( that we can never seem to get warm) and into our beds which are stacked to the roof with blankets. It’s pathetic really. Now picture this: I’m sitting at the counter pouring over my political science book writing notes viciously and every fifteen minutes or so putting the LC sweatshirt that I just took off, back on, One minutes I feel like I’m in the Antarctic the next I’m in the Sahara desert. All this while trying to retain everything I’m reading because, me being me, I left all my studying to the night before the exam because “it’s just that easy” blah. I didn’t factor illness into my studying plans. It’s ok, it worked out, I went to class this morning and hacked and sneezed my way through the exam, I’m sure the other people adored the background sound effects I provided and the guy next to me was soooooo thankful he chose the seat rightnexttomine instead of the other open one two seats down. I’m lovely like that.

2 comments:

Becca M. said...

You should have sneezed on his exam. :)

yourfavoritebarista said...

I think if I had done that he would have punched me in the head:(