Monday, March 17, 2008

Who knew?.....Oh, that's right He did.

I was going to try and ease into the blogging business by using my defense mechanism of unfunny humor, but today I can't really seem to muster it up. This is a bittersweet day for me. Today is the three year anniversary of when my mom first became ill. When I woke up March 17 2005, I had no idea what was about to happen. It took me about six months to begin to see what God was doing. At the time, I was scared, angry and very confused. I wasn't living for the Lord by any means. I was living in blatant rejection of Him. Looking back at the last three years of my life, I can't believe the journey God has taken me on. He's led me to two different homes and a new country. He's given me a new father and mother and whole bunch of brothers and sisters. While still allowing me the honor of having my Mom and Richard in my life. Looking back three years, I was a shell of what I am now. In the last six months He has started me on the path of spiritual healing, something that I never really knew I needed. It hurts sometimes more than I'd like but I'm going to keep going because I know it's what He wants from me. So this time three years ago I was sitting in the hospital in FSJ looking at my mom who was hooked up to a million machines, wondering why this had to happen. I never thought that this is where I would end up but I praise God for bringing me here.

1 comment:

Becca M. said...

And how far you HAVE come, praise the Lord the HS is convicting! (For me too!) :)